What language do they speak in Benin
514 languages are spoken in Nigeria! Nigeria was a British colony until 1960 and so was with independence English adopted and declared the official language. So it is spoken in the administration and in the schools is taught in English. Most Nigerians are at least bilingual because the first thing they do is learn the mother tongue of their people.
The Hausa and most of the Fulbe speak the Hausa language. Hausa is also used as a commercial language and is therefore also spoken by other peoples in West and Central Africa. In addition to English, Hausa is taught in primary schools. In Hausa, the pitch and length of the syllables change the meaning of the word. "He goes" means in Hausa: yanààtàfiyaa.
Hausa is one of the Chad languages. They are, in turn, a branch of the Afro-Asian languages spoken throughout northern Africa (and western Asia). You can see their distribution on the map.
Hausa is mostly written with Latin letters, the letters that you also know. Four additional letters stand for sounds that we do not know. You can also write Hausa in Arabic script.
Yoruba and Igbo
The Yoruba, the second largest ethnic group in Nigeria and living in the southwest, speaks Yoruba. See also Benin under People - Language. The southwest of Nigeria is also called Yorubaland because Yoruba is the most widely spoken language there.
Igbo is spoken by many people in the southeast. Igbo is mostly spoken and not written. Like Yoruba, Igbo is a tonal language: the meaning of the word changes with the pitch. Igbo has two pitches (high and low), Yoruba three (high, medium and low).
Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are considered to be the main languages in Nigeria.
- Physicists hate theoretical physicists
- What is Ethereum explain it
- What would happen if the tide never came
- What is the best PLC 1
- How do I get to the FCI
- How to fix slow SQL queries
- Is Worldventures a pyramid scheme
- Is WWE Smackdown better than WWE RAW
- Is a negative opinion that complains
- What causes myopia and astigmatism
- How is Canadian society
- The World Bank is a non-profit organization
- Are money market funds a cash equivalent
- Should Australia fear North Korea's nuclear threat
- How do you diagnose sensory processing disorders
- Is football a dangerous sport?
- Why Do Students Use Essay Writing Services
- Is smoking ganja good
- How are intelligent contracts provided by Ethereum
- How to translate Cesped into English
- Why is India a failed state
- Who came up with Jeopardy and why
- How do I learn civil engineering again
- How do you prevent car theft