Is engineering like physics
An overview of the right universities and courses of study
If you are interested in studying physics, you have to meet some formal requirements in order to be admitted to the university and technical colleges. These admission requirements are usually made up of your previous education and some specific criteria.
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification or advanced technical college entrance qualification (technical diploma) or
- Studying without a high school diploma with a corresponding professional qualification
- If necessary, participation in preliminary physical or mathematical courses
- Successfully completed first degree (Bachelor or comparable degree)
- Depending on the university, a minimum grade of 2.5 or better for the first degree
First and foremost, it is of course necessary for your physics degree that you meet the formal entry criteria. This is the only way to be admitted to study at a university or college. However, there are also a few personal characteristics with every degree program that you should ideally bring with you in order to be able to successfully complete the degree. In physics these are:
- Good knowledge of mathematics
- Ability to abstract
- Spatial imagination
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Interest in science
- Fun experimenting
- English skills
Numerus Clausus (NC) for physics
The Numerus Clausus, also simply called NC for short, is always used when there are more prospective students than free places at a university. This is rarely the case in physics studies, because physics is offered at a large number of universities and colleges, but the number of applicants is not too huge. Physics is a special subject and is not suitable for everyone, as it cannot be completed just like that, but requires special interests and skills and provides very specific specialist knowledge.
For this reason, it seldom happens that more students apply for physics study places in one semester than there are capacities at the universities. Therefore, admission to the physics course is not restricted and the NC usually does not play a role in the application.
The physics course is very varied and covers many different areas of physics. You will learn technical skills Knowledge of mathematics, experimental and theoretical physics, quantum mechanics, particle physics or molecular physics.
That is why you may encounter the following content during the course of your studies:
- Experimental physics
- Theoretical physics
- Analytical mechanics
- Quantum mechanics
- Structure of matter
- Solid state physics
- Particle and Astrophysics
The course content can, however, always differ from university to university, as each university or technical college gives its course an individual orientation. If you are particularly interested in a topic, always take a look at the curriculum of the respective university on their website in advance. There you will find detailed information about the course content.
Many universities also offer their students the opportunity to choose specializations and specializations during the course of their studies. For example, you can already do your bachelor's degree specialize in astrophysics. Other universities specialize in biophysics, nuclear and particle physics or solid state physics.
In addition to imparting professional skills and expert know-how, practical application also plays a major role in physics studies. For this reason, you also spend during your studies spend a lot of time in the laboratory doing experiments and investigations. The physics study is thus a Interplay between theory and practice. Theoretical assumptions are tested experimentally and practical events influence the theoretical ideas.
- Graduation: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Type of study: Full-time and part-time
- Particularities: Depending on the university, a practical semester is planned as part of the course of study. Some universities also offer the possibility of a semester abroad.
- Graduation: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Type of study: Full time and distance learning
- Particularities: Depending on the university, there is a practical project or the possibility of a stay abroad.
The physics course is very demanding and not suitable for every candidate. But if you have successfully completed your studies, your chances on the job market are very good. As a graduate of a physics degree, you are a sought-after expert who, after completing your bachelor’s degree, can still pursue a master’s degree and a doctorate, or even enter the professional world directly.
As a physicist, you are able to break down different problems into solvable individual parts and to illustrate them in order to arrive at practical solutions through a high degree of abstraction ability. Research, industry and business are equally open to you for your professional career.
You can join the following fields of work after studying physics:
- Science and Research
- IT industry
- Medical technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- Financial and software services
- Consulting and business advice
How much can you earn as a physicist? Unfortunately, it is not so easy to answer this question, even if it certainly burns under the nails of many prospective students. There are always various factors that can affect the salary. Starting with the industry in which you work, to the size of the company you work for, to the exact area of responsibility for which you are responsible. All of these things play a role in the size of your salary. It is also important which degree you have completed (Bachelor or Master) and how much practical experience you have.
Basically, our research has shown that you are studying physics with a Starting salary between 3,500 and 5,000 euros gross per month can lie.
- Who are famous people from Abilene Texas
- What is a trap
- How do I hide a murdered body
- Why are there so many doubles
- How do I crack the RSA number
- Do people grow out of the party life
- Why is abstract expressionism important
- Are spider mites or insects
- Emily Ratajkowski had breast augmentation surgery
- India will be another Venuzula
- What does sanity mean
- What's wrong with Jadavpur University
- Works 99designs
- How anteaters protect themselves
- Who are Amy Schumer's influences
- Which brand of acrylic paint should I buy
- Why was the statue of Mao Zedong demolished
- Are horseshoes uncomfortable
- How the undertaker rolls his eyes
- What is the best introduction to BDSM
- What is the present participle of Mope
- Can someone decipher the service tax in the restaurant
- What is Subtitle Translation
- What is hashing in simple terms