Are channels dangerous in Great Britain
Corona variant: Federal government classifies Great Britain as a virus variant area
The federal government has classified Great Britain and Northern Ireland as a virus variant area because of the spread of the corona mutation B.1.627.2 from India. "We want to play it safe. In this important phase of the vaccination campaign, the entry of problematic mutations must be avoided as far as possible," the Reuters news agency learned from government circles.
The classification means a ban on passenger transport by train, bus, ship and flight, announced the Robert Koch Institute (RKI). Anyone who nevertheless enters from Great Britain has to be in quarantine for 14 days and cannot "free themselves" like those coming from Corona risk areas. The quarantine rules also apply to people with full vaccination protection and those who have recovered.
Corona: virus mutation from India
Virus mutation: how dangerous is B.1.617?
Shashi Tharoor: "Chancellor Merkel disappoints me"
Corona crisis in India: 27 hours between life and deathEverything about Sars-CoV-2
According to the RKI, the regulation also affects all Channel Islands and all British overseas territories and comes into force from Saturday to Sunday. A country can be classified as a virus variant area because of the spread of a mutation or if a particularly aggressive virus is suspected.
"If we want to keep the number of infections down, we have to prevent contagious virus variants from jeopardizing this positive development. This step is tough for Great Britain, but it is necessary to prevent the rapid spread of the Indian variant in Germany," said a spokesman for the Federal Ministry of Health. Only when more people are vaccinated will Germany be armed against such a danger.
More tests and vaccinations against the variant
Great Britain has meanwhile been seen as a successful model when it comes to combating the corona pandemic. A hard lockdown and a high rate of vaccination had pushed the infection numbers so far that the federal government temporarily removed the country from the list of corona risk areas. Last week, it was again placed in the lowest risk category because of the Indian variant of the virus. As of Sunday, the UK will have the highest risk level.
The best of Z +: Covid-19
Future after Corona: "We will question the necessity of private meetings"
The UK government has so far been confident of controlling the spread. The test capacities were significantly increased in the affected areas. In addition, everyone over the age of 18 can be vaccinated there, and mobile vaccination centers are in use. Nationwide, only people aged 34 and over are actually eligible to receive a dose.
Criticism of Prime Minister Boris Johnson
The British government only declared India a risk area after weeks of the outbreak and put it on a "red list" for travel. That caused criticism. Those who return from such "red countries" have to be quarantined in a hotel for ten days immediately after arrival at their own expense. Johnson canceled a visit to India planned for late April to discuss a free trade agreement. That is why the South Asian country was only put on the "red list" weeks after its neighboring states Bangladesh and Pakistan.
In addition, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago are seen by the federal government as a high incidence area. In contrast, France is now only classified as a risk area and no longer as a high incidence area. This downgrade also applies to Croatia and Slovenia. The federal government had declared Great Britain a risk area only a week ago because of the spreading mutation from India.
- What is Pre-Bid Programmatic
- What's wrong with DC TV shows
- What is the function of the Ri plasmid
- Did colonization have any positive aspects
- How does quantum computers affect trading strategies
- How can bacteria be harmful to humans?
- Cancer treatment is still expensive Recent breakthroughs
- How passive antibodies suppress the production of active antibodies
- Can the IRS take you to jail
- What are some side effects of Tylenol
- India lied about terrorism
- How is the website medium used
- How can we ignore negative comments from people?
- Can children take part in the neighborhood watch program
- Why is oxalic acid a strong acid
- How do I pronounce X86_64 in English
- What was the previous subway tagline
- Feelings can be manipulated
- How do I identify drinking water
- How does friction affect energy conversion
- Have you ever licked your boyfriend's asshole
- Anger 9 plus 10
- How important are college grades in life
- Why are people so entitled in 2018
- Do people grow out of the party life
- What is your favorite superstar
- Canva is a good editing tool
- What are some fun facts about skiing
- Which Alexa has the best speaker
- How can I clean 3D printing materials
- How are women portrayed in films
- What's the deal with Raiblocks XRB