Which hotel chains don't allow dogs
Dog-friendly hotels - tips for your booking
Dog-friendly hotels are a perfect choice for dog owners who do not want to do without the comfort and equipment of hotels but also the company of their dogs on vacation. Fortunately, more and more hotels have discovered dog owners as welcome guests in recent years, where other overnight stays continue to oppose this need for fear of dirt and nuisance. But what distinguishes dog-friendly accommodations and what needs to be taken into account when staying? We give tips on what to look out for when booking a hotel that is friendly towards dogs.
What distinguishes dog-friendly hotels?
Many hotels tolerate pets - however, some hotels require that they are only allowed to stay in suitable transport boxes in the hotel complex. Since the four-legged friends eke out a real dog's life when locked up, dog owners prefer to look for hotels that have more to offer their animals.
- Sleep outside the box: Of course, this is not the case in Germany, for example. Many hotels only allow dogs if they sleep in the room within their own box. Dog-friendly accommodations, on the other hand, allow their dog to sleep in the dog bed or on the carpet, however they want, and to stretch their legs from time to time.
- Food as room service: If you don't want to weigh down your luggage with several kilos of dog food, you should choose an accommodation that offers a feed service for four-legged friends. Some hotels have specialized entirely in guests with animals and offer all kinds of delicacies from their own food brand to BARFing.
- Free access to the facilities: Dog-friendly hotels allow dogs access to the restaurant and sometimes even to the sunbathing lawns by the pool. In addition, it should be noted whether dog swimming is only allowed in the designated lakes and beaches.
- Forgot something on vacation? No problem: Some hotel operators are happy to help out when dog owners have forgotten their water bowl or food bowl at home. Even dog beds can be found in the pool of some hotels.
- Service for the four-legged friend: Some dog-friendly hotels offer wellness not only for human guests, but also for dogs. This ranges from welcome treats, a dog meadow in front of the house and special training offers to a relaxing dog shower and massage. If the owners need time for themselves, hotels geared towards dogs also offer a Gassis service or the services of a dog sitter.
- Staff with dog experience: It is more relaxing when you deal with people who know how to handle a dog.
What to look out for when booking a hotel?
- Does the hotel charge an extra charge for the dog? Many companies charge an average cleaning fee of between 10 and 20 euros per night. If a room is particularly dirty, this can also be more expensive. If the dog has caused damage to the inventory, this will also be charged. For this reason, a suitable dog insurance is recommended here.
- Are all dogs allowed? Out of consideration for other guests and especially with children, there may be restrictions on very large dogs, for example. When booking, people are often asked about the breed, size and weight of the dog. The size is also relevant if, for example, you are a multiple dog owner and depending on the size, 1 or 2 dogs can be accommodated in the room.
- Availability of free rooms: Although large hotels that allow dogs have many rooms, the number of rooms for guests with dogs may be limited.
Rules of conduct for dog owners in the hotel
Both the owner and the dog have to get involved: it is important to teach the four-legged friend the most important rules of conduct that make the holiday relaxed for people and animals. The dog etiquette also serves, of course, to ensure that guests who are staying in the same hotel without a dog do not attract negative attention:
- Do not let the dog contact you without being asked: Even if a dog is friendly and playful, it must not ask everyone else to play without being asked. If the other person appears to be interested in the dog, the owner should first ask if they can leash him off and let him sniff. Important: Dog owners should keep an eye on the balance of power between humans and dogs and not let a boisterous retriever rush into a toddler.
- Practice on leash: In many hotel complexes, a leash is mandatory to reduce the risk of accidents and to calm the nerves of non-dog owners. In order for relaxed walking on a leash to work, the dog should be used to it beforehand. Country dogs, which are mostly allowed to romp freely in the fields at home, may have to be brought to the leash with leash training before the holiday so that no stress arises.
- Train the command "place": If you want to take your dog to the restaurant, you should train him in advance to relax next to or under the table. Because the fellow vacationers are also disturbed when the four-legged friend begs at the table and draws attention to itself by squeaking and yowling. “Place” should mean that the animal relaxes while lying down until the master or mistress gives it another command.
- Dogs must be able to stay alone: If you want to spare your dog the hustle and bustle in the restaurant, you should leave him alone with toys or nibble bones in the hotel room. But the animal must be used to waiting in a strange environment without howling or barking. Otherwise, the noise nuisance is guaranteed to enrage the neighbors. If you want to prevent, practice with your dog for hours in an environment that is not his home before going on vacation.
- Many hotels ask for that Do not disturb sign to use, the dog should be alone in the room so that the cleaning staff does not enter the room.
What else is necessary for a vacation with a dog depends on where the journey is going. Special provisions apply here, especially for trips abroad:
- Refresh the vaccination protection: Veterinarians recommend that you always keep the vaccination protection for your own four-legged friend up to date. If you have planned to stay at a hotel in another European country, this is particularly true: the dog is only allowed to cross the border with a current rabies vaccination. The vaccination is noted in the blue European pet passport.
- Note special regulations: To enter other European countries, a dog must wear a microchip that enables clear identification. Nevertheless, there are additional rules in some countries such as Norway or France. In France, for example, dogs belonging to category 1 of the so-called “fighting dog breeds” are prohibited from entering the country. Category 2 dogs may only be led with a leash and muzzle.
- Pay attention to cooling when traveling in summer: Not only human travelers sweat in summer temperatures in cars and trains. Dog owners should make sure that the dog's seat on the back seat or in the hold is well air-conditioned. If necessary, animals with long, thick fur should be placed in the transport box with a cooling mat. It goes without saying that the dog should rest regularly and receive fresh water.
Dog-friendly hotels ensure a relaxing holiday
Dog owners who have already left their darling at home will be able to confirm it: Relaxation on vacation is hardly possible if you sorely miss your own dog. But that is not necessary if the dog and owner find the right hotel. For the perfect vacation, your dog only needs to learn a minimum of social skills so that he is welcome again as a guest next year.
- Which is the highest score in Odis
- What does Sharia-compliant banking mean?
- Which continent is east of Africa
- Is the depreciation an expense or a loss?
- Have stock markets around the world hit rock bottom
- Why is it so difficult to rewrite an article
- Is General Clinton related to Bill Clinton
- Which weight loss pill is best
- Apple cider vinegar whitens your teeth
- How can I impress my lover
- Will China and Japan ever be friends?
- How do you roll clothes
- Are companies a necessary evil
- How would you just explain the benomics
- What is recruitment
- Phillip Phillips is a country singer
- Grain whiskey tastes different
- Why are eagles so small and yet so powerful
- What causes needlestick injuries
- What is the most secure free VPN
- Why can't I lose fat
- Hypnosis has a serious headache
- Is Rapid Physiocare near Novena Singapore
- What are some insects that carry malaria