How dangerous are tools and machines
Do-it-yourselfers live dangerously: Accidents every two minutes
Almost every second German works as a do-it-yourselfer in their free time. There is a trend towards borrowed machines with which hobby craftsmen can do more complicated work themselves. But that can be dangerous, warns the R + V Insurance information center. Every two minutes a do-it-yourselfer injures himself so badly that he has to see a doctor - and most accidents involve a machine.
More and more Germans are borrowing high-performance devices from hardware stores or rental centers. But inexperienced hobbyists in particular are often overwhelmed with grinding machines, table saws or electric planes. Serious accidents are the result. "Do-it-yourselfers should always have the devices explained to them in advance," says Dr. Marko Ostendorf, doctor at the R + V Infocenter. He also advises wearing protective clothing, observing the safety instructions and avoiding distractions at work as much as possible.
More tips for safe DIY:
- Under no circumstances should you remove protective devices from the machines - not even if this makes the work quicker.
- Always wear the recommended protective clothing. Depending on the machine or tool, these include, for example, work gloves, protective goggles and hearing protection.
- When working with tools and machines, there is no place in a hurry - if in doubt, it is better to allow for a few more days.
- Do not overestimate your own strength during strenuous work and take regular breaks.
- Concentrate on your work, because even the slightest inattention can have painful consequences. Turn off the machine in the event of distractions.
- Do you know that you are perfect
- Can you learn to write
- Was Prithvi Narayan Shah a visionary leader
- How do I repair an Apple charger
- How does a wireless charger work
- How long does jock itch
- What are the services of Amazon SEO
- Is Deadpool 2 18 1
- How do I become callous
- How can I beat someone in poker
- How do I contact Zynga Live Support
- Which fabric is good for hoodies?
- What is carbon dioxide zapping
- Why is attending class so important
- Walking long distances builds muscle
- What would happen if the tide never came
- What is Thunderquote
- Is General Clinton related to Bill Clinton
- How does sloe gin taste
- How did men's hairstyles become so uniform
- What happens when you play oujia alone
- Can penguins freeze to death
- Which is the best bitcoin earnings page
- SQL What does MODIFY