Bollywood will soon die out
Indian English Hinglish - Singh is King
The influence of Indian languages on the English language has produced some interesting results. Here are some examples of Indian English coined by Hindi:
1. Where are you putting up?
The Indian way of asking where do you live / do you live?
2. I belong to Delhi.
Not “I live / live in Delhi” but “I come from / am from”. So, born in Delhi.
3. Myself, Hemant.
Hemant introduces himself.
4. What is your good name?
Kindly ask for the name. Has nothing to do with good or bad name, but with the literal translation from Hindi. The question is: "Aap ka shubh naam kya hai" (subh naam = good name)
5. It's like that only.
Means roughly: "It's just the way it is."
6. This is my real brother.
Everyone is a brother in India! To differentiate, say “real brother” when it comes to the real brother.
7. We are shifting.
8. She is foreign-returned.
For a person who has returned from abroad.
9. Do one thing.
It's about a specific task. This expression is also a direct translation from Hindi: "Ek kaam kijiye hamara ..." It translates as: Do something. This term is used in advice or calls.
10. He is first-class first.
Parents praise their son's academic dignity.
11. Out of station
I'm on the go or out of town.
12. Cent per cent done. Ok boss.
Hinglish means one hundred percent. So if you say that in an email to your supervisor, you mean, for some reason, that you have finished your job.
13. He passed out of college in 1997.
It's not about fainting, maybe through fainting. Instead, it means graduating from college.
14. Do the needful.
Archaic language at its best, this is one of the most common Hinglish phrases to use to end an official email.
These are well-known phrases in Indian English / Hinglish from everyday usage. There is actually no single source to which they can be attributed, as they are common and common.
- What is the best mexican newspaper
- How to store air-dry clay
- How does the brain process foreign languages
- What are some nice hotels in Orlando
- How can I clean 3D printing materials
- How do philosophical problems arise?
- Great Britain dies the Daily Telegraph
- How do I start learning statistics
- Why do I imagine childhood
- Is PUBG a permanent addiction
- The hunger goes away
- Who wrote the River Cafe Cookbook
- Is CPA better than IIM
- Accepts UCLA PTE results
- I love you is that ok
- Is the IMU exam difficult
- How do special educators teach SLD students
- The stomach is a muscle
- What games does Donald Trump like
- How do antidepressants reduce depression
- Why can't I write a violin concerto?
- Are military bullets more deadly than civilian bullets
- What are the ideas of Darwin's theory
- Think and Grow Rich is worth reading
- Is it really important to share your feeling
- Are strong men stronger than power lifters
- What is your trick to staying positive
- Where are UAVs used in India
- Wheatgrass juice is energetic
- Sells Facebook data to advertisers
- How many teeth does blue whale have
- Will people fear that you hate them?
- What is 40K cavitation
- How can business performance be assessed