Is the Volkswagen GTI GLI reliable
VW Golf 1 to 7: all generations of Golf
The first VW Golf went into production 45 years ago. The Golf once gave a name to an entire vehicle class and is now the flagship of Europe's largest car manufacturer. With a transversely installed front engine, front-wheel drive and water cooling, it was a revolutionary and a lifeline for VW in 1974 after leaving the Beetle. Over the decades, new shapes, new engines, new drives and new model variants were added, and the success remained. Here are the stages of the 45-year (successful) history of the Golf in seven videos - and a view of the Golf 8.
VW Golf 1: a million in two years
When the Beetle principle had reached the end of its success story, the Golf 1 Wolfsburg came to the rescue.
VW Golf 2: luxury and durability
Its longevity and reliability are two of the Golf 2's strongest characteristics.
VW Golf 3: first Golf with airbag
In 1991 the Golf 3 came onto the market. In terms of design, it stayed on the prescribed path, but continued to grow and came up with new standards in terms of safety: for the first time there was a Golf with an airbag. The previously characteristic round headlights made space for lighting units in a rounded rectangular format. The variety of models grew again: For the first time, the Golf 3 was also available as a station wagon, as a sports car with a six-cylinder engine and as a diesel direct injection unit.
VW Golf 4: six-speed as the new standard
The Golf IV without any reason is the R32.
VW Golf 5: Laser-welded and even more variety
The time of the Golf 4 ended in 2003. The Golf 5 was the first laser-welded type. The new Golf owes its enormously rigid body to this technology. With generation five, the Golf broke the 20 million mark. It also met high safety standards, with up to eight airbags on board. The GTI came with the first turbo direct-injection petrol engine, and the variety of models grew: the Golf Plus, the CrossGolf and a new variant were new.
VW Golf 6: economical, but with timing chain problems
A glorious chapter: with the TSI engines of the Golf 6 there were timing chain problems.
VW Golf 7: modular transverse toolkit as the basis
The Golf 7 celebrated its premiere in autumn 2012. The seventh Golf is based on the modular transverse toolkit, which enables the cost-effective production of many models. For the first time, a new Golf generation slimmed down and, depending on the equipment, lost up to 100 kilos compared to its predecessor. The Golf 7 aimed to save fuel with an automatic start-stop system. In addition to gasoline and diesel engines, an electrically powered variant followed in summer 2014 and a plug-in hybrid in autumn.
VW Golf 7 facelift: first compact car with gesture control
In autumn 2016, VW revised the Golf 7 - and launched the Golf 7 facelift as two- and four-door models as well as the Golf GTI, Golf GTE and Golf Variant at the beginning of 2017. On board was an innovation that was previously only available in luxury BMWs: gesture control for the infotainment system. The 1.5-liter gasoline engine with cylinder deactivation and the seven-speed dual clutch transmission (DSG), which gradually replaced all six-speed DSGs, were brand new to the list of drives in the Golf. Little changed on the outside. The full LED headlights replaced the xenon headlights in the new Golf, but were only standard in higher equipment lines.
Outlook VW Golf 8: digital cockpit and autonomous driving
With a new logo and a lot of high-tech, the Golf 8 is expected at the end of 2019 / beginning of 2020.
- How do I install Internet Explorer 7
- Is shade bathing safer than sunbathing
- How can I scratch data from Finviz
- What is the least snobby Ivy League
- Can I have information about Freemasons
- Is Jadavpur University safe for Hindu students
- All redheads are considered Irish
- What convinced you to quit your job
- What are the top 5 books in SQL
- Why is Amazon withdrawing from China
- Who wrote the novel Aranyak
- How do I identify drinking water
- Artificial intelligence is a robot
- Who Should Use the DuckDuckGo Search Engine
- What is the use of activation glass
- Is Ethereum easier to mine than Bitcoin
- What are examples of great ASCII art
- Why is data analysis necessary
- How does corruption begin in our society
- What do you mean by sensei and grasshopper
- How can Ireland restore its economy
- How does Ubuntu work in Inspiron 5567
- How do you weld a band saw blade
- Where we can rent a car online
- Who are the Best Filipino Digital Artists
- Can we communicate with thoughts
- How do supermarket checkouts work
- What's new in Visual Studios mobile development
- When was Quaid e Azam born
- Strategic Marketing 2
- What are Uber Jump Bikes
- Why is the hunt so difficult
- Why does Saudi Arabia want Assad to be dethroned?
- What was the first operating system