You can cook shrimp on a pan
How to properly prepare and cook shrimp
With the right pre-treatment and cooking time, you can easily prepare tasty shrimp. The type of preparation depends on whether you buy the seafood pre-cooked or fresh.
Choose a type of shrimp
You can buy shrimp in different sizes. Crabs and prawns are very small at six to ten centimeters. These are also known as shrimp, prawns or shrimps. Use this variety if you want to prepare salads or a fried appetizer.
Gambas and king prawns are so-called king prawns and are up to 20 centimeters long. Their meat is very intense and tasty, which is why you should use this variety if you want to serve a main course. Correct pre-treatment of the animals is important.
You can buy prawns cooked, peeled, or raw. You can recognize the cooked variant by its typical red color. The second time they are cooked in the pan, they quickly become hard and dry. Fresh prawns, on the other hand, should be specially pre-treated.
Prepare fresh prawns - the pretreatment
When preparing fresh prawns, first cut off the head of the animal. Be careful not to separate too much meat from the hull. Leave the tail on the shrimp, as it fulfills a decorative and at the same time practical function: If you want to eat the crustacean without cutlery, you can hold the shrimp by the tail in your hand.
In the next step, free the animal from its remaining shell by pulling it apart at the bottom with your thumb. Then remove the intestine: “To do this, cut the shrimp lengthways on the back and pull out the thread-like intestine. You can eat the organ with small shrimp ”, according to the online edition of“ Stiftung Warentest ”.
Cook the prawns properly
If you want to prepare prawns in the typical Mediterranean way, fry them in a pan with olive oil. Add one to two tablespoons of mustard, making sure the oil doesn't exceed its smoke point.
Only add the mustard to the pan and slowly fry your prawns. As soon as the heat subsides a little, add the squeezed garlic, chopped thyme, a dash of lemon, a pinch of pepper, and a little salt. If necessary, you can thicken the sauce with a little flour at the end of the cooking time of about ten minutes at a constant low heat.
- How many does Drake make per show
- Is love in friendship is wrong
- Why is Zubeen Garg different from others
- How to say family in Indonesian
- What is Levenstein in PHP
- How can I get my photos back?
- Can dogs be deported?
- What are some insects that carry malaria
- Is Redux a library or a framework
- What is the Hindi word for ka
- How does the sound move
- Is a zoology degree marketable
- Why should I visit your birthplace
- How do I replace a CV axis
- What methods are you looking for
- What are the adverse effects of Berocca
- Have you recruited someone
- Is it really important to share your feeling
- Why is this marine animal translucent
- Why is ketamine used against rabies
- Brave people see themselves as brave
- When did JFK Jr die
- Why do people create fake Twitter accounts
- How do writers deal with fear