Are there former Nazis on Quora
The word Nazi is undoubtedly one of the dirty terms in the German language. If you feed it to the search engine Google, it spits out 144 million hits, far more than for most of the words in the German vocabulary. The newspaper The world once described Nazi as the most popular German word. It has long since made its way into other languages. In the USA, for example, those citizens who have a particularly jagged demeanor are referred to as Nazis. The story behind this murderous word is of course so monstrous that it can hardly be understood. Some complain, however, that it has become an everyday swear word that is increasingly losing its horror and can ultimately even downplay the Nazi regime.
When looking for answers, it becomes apparent that the word Nazi is older than National Socialism. Initially, the Nazi phenomenon had nothing to do with Nazi ideology. As the office for language information at the University of Vechta found out, the writer Kurt Tucholsky was the first to mention the word Nazi in connection with the National Socialists. In 1923 he wrote: "The Nazis went to their club ..."
At that time, however, the word had been in use for a long time, albeit with a different meaning. In the "Illustrated Lexicon of German Colloquial Language" you can read that the abbreviation "Nazi" referred to the National Social Association founded by the Protestant pastor Friedrich Naumann in 1903. Today the FDP-affiliated foundation is named after the pastor. The first known use of the word National Socialist in specialist literature is the German Adelsblatt indicated by 1887. "Prince Bismarck the first National Socialist" was a heading there that should be understood in the sense of a unified national party. The National Socialists themselves used the term Nazi rather sparingly, it probably sounded too harmless to them. An exception is a Goebbels font from 1932, which bears the title "Der Nazi-Sozi". The popularity of the Nazi term actually only increased in the post-war period, most strongly in the 1980s with the action of the neo-Nazis.
The "Große Brockhaus" listed the word Nazi in 1932 as the southern German short form of the first name Ignaz, which was still common at the time. How popular this name once was is proven by Ludwig Thomas Bauernschwank's "Der Schusternazi", which premiered in 1905 in the Theater am Gärtnerplatz in Munich. Even then, the name was used in a derogatory sense, for example for a simple-minded person. Nazi was practically a synonym for idiot. As a pet form of Ignaz, Nazi was less common than the even shorter Naz. Overall, the name Ignaz has had its heyday in Bavaria and Austria. Famous namesake such as St. Ignatius von Loyola or Bavarian celebrities such as the artist Ignaz Günther, the theologian Ignaz von Döllinger and the politician Ignaz Kiechle are long dead. The rapper Crack Ignaz from Salzburg is one of the few current representatives of this name.
It is noteworthy that the name Ignaz-Nazi has also been retained in one or the other field name. In the Upper Bavarian town of Wolfratshausen, for example, there is a hallway that is colloquially known as the Nazi ditch. It refers to a former owner named Ignaz. In 1943 an air mine went down there and destroyed a house, which in turn can be indirectly attributed to the Nazis. The plural formation is also a special feature. In Bavaria, especially when it comes to the original National Socialists, one speaks of the Nazis and not of the Nazis, whereby the singular form reinforces their horror. The Swiss national football team, or Nati for short, is less frightening. But since the Swiss pronounce it like Natzi, language-sensitive Germans listen briefly and concerned.
- What is the chemical formula of coal
- Could satellite cell phone service exist?
- What makes you sad about social media
- How does passive smoking affect pregnancy?
- Are fake questions a problem with Quora?
- What is the difference between a merchandiser and an entrepreneur
- What does your inner self look like
- How can you become a better listener
- Are the Indian Filmfare Awards fair
- When is it okay to choose euthanasia?
- What is the molar mass of NaHCO_3
- If 12x 10 10 what is x
- What does meth do when injected
- How smart are Yorkshire Terriers
- How do you rate a malnutrition patient
- What was the best Dutch sporting moment
- What is a religious sect
- IOS 10 is supported for iPhone 5
- Is the Volkswagen GTI GLI reliable
- How is DMT obtained from natural sources
- How do I scrape emails from LinkedIn
- What is the quietest country on earth
- Can someone see your secret Pinterest boards
- Panama City Beach is free
- How do you open a Starbucks
- What other games are most similar to Bioshock
- Is Naruto's hair blonde or yellow
- Why are amides neutral
- How devastating World War 3 would be
- How do you play pogo
- When do I prepare for CLAT?
- Sends Bluetooth signals into space