Why can't proteins build tissue by themselves?
Protein: building block of life
Protein is much more than what is clear in an egg: proteins - along with carbohydrates and fat - are among the three main nutrients that our body needs. They build muscles and bones and transport vital substances in the body. No life would be possible without protein. The name protein comes from the Greek word "protos", which means "the first". The name already indicates the importance of proteins for our diet.
These are the tasks of protein in the body
Protein is important to the body in several forms. It is formed from so-called amino acids, which are linked to form proteins in innumerable combinations. They form grids that are stable but still movable and that can, for example, transport substances through the blood. So far, researchers have found around 20,000 different basic forms of different proteins in humans alone.
Proteins play an important role in these areas:
- Fat and oxygen transport
- Absorption of iron
- Muscle function
- Defense against pathogens
- Repair of defective cells
- healthy nails and hair
- Manufacture of connective tissue and cartilage
There are essential amino acids in food
In humans, around 20 proteinogenic - i.e. protein-producing - amino acids are known, which differ in size, complexity and shape. The body can produce so-called non-essential amino acids itself. Eight essential amino acids, however, have to be supplied through food. There is a lot of protein in meat, fish, eggs and milk, but also in plant-based foods such as legumes, whole grain bread and nuts. Often, recipes with high protein and low carbohydrates are recommended for weight loss.
High protein diet for weight loss
Every day, the body needs around one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight, according to a recommendation by the German Nutrition Society. With a body weight of 75 kilograms, this corresponds to around 75 grams of protein. This value is easily achieved through diet. Additional protein shakes are not necessary. Since protein is very filling, protein-rich foods and protein-containing drinks are suitable for helping you lose weight.
Protein: A plant-based diet is healthier
Protein should mainly come from plant foods. A long-term study has shown that excessive consumption of animal protein can shorten life expectancy, while vegetable protein cannot. It is assumed that the reason is that animal proteins are usually found in foods with unhealthy additives, while vegetable proteins also consume healthy micronutrients. Legumes such as lupins, chickpeas, lentils and beans are healthy and inexpensive sources of protein, also as part of a meat-free diet.
This topic in the program:
My afternoon | 09/22/2017 | 4:20 pm
- Is WazirX exchange legitimate 1
- Everyone would benefit from the experience in sales
- How does natural gas work
- Are supermodels hot
- Where can I get a free laptop
- How is health care in other countries
- What is budget line
- How do I convert benzene to biphenyl
- Why is insanity glorified?
- What is the valence of inert gases
- Is it worth paying money to MyTechmag
- What is a liquefaction temperature
- How do Israelis feel about Elor Azaria?
- Are money market funds a cash equivalent
- How successful are dental implants
- Why are G / L accounts necessary
- What is the significance of the reaction mechanism
- What are the 1960s best known for?
- What is your favorite small kitchen appliance
- How do I develop data intuition
- What is a standard remote surveillance drone
- Can animals live in several habitats?
- What drives zombies to kill the living
- How much does DuckDuckGo 1