How do I teach dummies
How do i start? - Procedure and structure of a beginner's lesson
Individual lessons and sequence of lessons
The basis of all teaching is always the current curriculum. If you take on individual lessons as part of a teaching attempt or an entire class as part of your legal clerkship, you will always first discuss the material distribution plan and the current lesson sequence in which the respective individual lesson is embedded with the class teacher. In this way you guarantee continuous teaching and learning.
The starting point of every lesson planning is the question of the subject of the lesson: the so-called factual analysis. Once you have familiarized yourself with the content of the lesson, the next step is didactic analysis, i. that is, the learning objectives of the lesson, the competencies that the students are supposed to acquire in the lesson. 3 to 5 learning goals per hour are useful.
With the help of a roughly sketched lesson, which is based on the learning objectives of the lesson, the methodological decisions can be reflected and the timing can be planned. Do not pack too much content into an hour and always allow for time buffers, such as additional exercise opportunities.
The following exemplary structural sketch has proven itself in practice:
Time: 8.00 to 8.05
Course of the lesson / blackboard: Introduction to the lesson topic
Teacher / student behavior: The students ...
Structure and phases of a lesson
Introduction / warm-up: Introducing the students to the topic of the lesson
Imagination, curiosity and interest in the topic should be aroused.
Activation of prior knowledge: Before developing something new, existing knowledge must be activated and made available, e.g. B. by repeating the content of the last lesson, discussing the homework, etc.
Developing and securing: Now the students develop new knowledge and new skills. Pay special attention to this phase in the planning, vary the methodological approaches and forms of work (individual, group work, etc.). Knowledge and skills that are acquired independently are retained in the memory over the long term.
Securing the results achieved in a classic blackboard or presentation by the students. Make sure that the work results are recorded by all students, especially if the backup is carried out by the students in the form of a self-check.
Application of what has been learned and transfer: Particularly in competence-oriented teaching, it is important that what has been learned, the subject-specific knowledge, is called up and applied in specific situations. Long-term skills development in the students can only be achieved through concrete commitment and transfer. So never skip this phase and allow enough time for it!
End of the lesson: A successful lesson always includes a well-rounded end. Never let the hour fray. This gives the impression that the content developed was ultimately not that important. You should absolutely avoid that.
Very often hours end with homework being given. It doesn't necessarily have to be this way, think of “more interesting” alternatives for your students. One hour can e.g. B. end with a flash of lightning: Everyone names an aspect that was new to them, which they will definitely remember ... Each aspect may only be mentioned once.
Follow-up and reflection
Follow up on each lesson by asking yourself critically whether the students have achieved their goals and whether they have also worked out something new.
Think about what went well and what didn't in each class. Did the actual course of the hour correspond to your planned course? Were there any difficulties in developing or practicing the material? Were the students active?
Use your reflections to draw appropriate conclusions for the next lesson, and stay creative as you prepare for the next lesson.
- »Teaching outside the field« To the article
- »Multi-sensor technology - learning with all your senses« To the article
- »What you should know about designing and using worksheets« To the article
- Can a non-Indian wear a dupatta
- Taking multivitamins makes you fat
- Make long scenes
- What only infects plants
- Can I learn hand-to-hand combat
- Can my Quora profile be hacked?
- How is Santosh Dental College overall
- What causes arteriovenoese malformations
- Who must submit the form 8809
- What does the term gangbang mean
- Replaces the Facebook marketplace Craigslist ads
- What is the best masturbation habit
- How to grow a beard naturally
- How does Neanderthal DNA affect human behavior
- Is Babylon the same as Babylonia
- Where is economy important in deep learning?
- What is agora in the dark web
- What kind of doctor works in hospitals
- How do you teach children about entrepreneurship
- What exactly is brain mapping
- What are you doing instead of studying
- An inelastic supply curve can shift
- What is your favorite small kitchen appliance
- Why do they call floats floats