How much metaphysics is quantum physics
Quantum mechanics: Quantum physics is metaphysics with physical means
From quantum theory to reality
Against this background, Mermin's defiant saying “I won't shut up” can be interpreted as a plea for a physics that is not satisfied with metaphysics, but does not completely ignore it: “I want to celebrate the weirdness of quantum theory, not deny it "He justified his statement. Finally, quantum physics tells us something interesting about the way we think. "About how certain powerful but flawed mental tools that once seemed natural to us still infect our thinking in subtly covert ways."
Classical physics in particular was meant by this. Their conceptual tools have proven too limited for the quantum world, yet we need them to describe tables, lamps, and cars. They shape our understanding of reality. And this is exactly what leads to a clash with the quantum understanding - which perhaps says something about our previous understanding of reality.
For example, if you want to measure the length, height and width of a table, you use a tape measure. The table and staff are - as they say - two locally independent objects. In terms of quantum theory, on the other hand, one would have to describe the situation as follows: rod and table interact, so that in the end a new - a non-local - system of scale-table emerges that claims reality for itself. Scale and table as local individual objects are not real.
Of course, we don't describe everyday things that way. But quantum objects like electrons are. And for this we need Schrödinger's state or wave function, the core of the quantum theoretical description. It defines what we can measure on the electron.
Two objects become one
The inconsistency arises the moment we look at it through classic glasses. Classically we say: We measure properties of the electron with an apparatus. The quantum physicists say instead: The measuring apparatus interacts with the electron in such a way that after the process a single overall state of the electron-plus-apparatus results.
So we no longer speak of two separate objects, but of a single one, the parts of which can also be far apart and "entangled" with one another. The Schrödinger equation predicts all of this. In other words, it leads us to abandon the concept of "local" reality, which we are familiar with from everyday life.
- Who is the founder of Britannia
- A ferrite magnet could magnetize water
- What are the disadvantages of macroeconomy
- How can I hide my app icon
- Is Travis Scott's Rodeo or Astroworld better
- What are the types of matter 11
- Is death a sacrament?
- What is the traditional definition of gentlemen
- Why are trains delayed only in India
- How common are peanut allergies in Germany
- Home Improvement Why do people install carpets
- How do I gain confidence in my studies
- Do you like to fight with people?
- What is an MS SQL linked server
- How was Zappos successful as a company
- How hackers hack HBO
- Bob Dylan's lyrics are poetry
- How is life at Amity University Noida
- Who organizes Quora meetups in Shanghai
- The audit will be completed
- Why is AI consulting important?
- How the undertaker rolls his eyes
- Are hedge funds better than mutual funds
- How do I establish my self worth